We are so excited to start the 2015-2016 DHS Cheer Year! To be eligible for the JV squad, you must have standing back handspring with a light spot. For the Varsity squad, you must have a standing back handspring (no spot). If you do not currently have those skills, feel free to come to the first day to see what other skills you can work on to improve for future years in Cheerleading.
Tryout Information Night
April 21, 2015 and April 22, 2015, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., in the DHS Library
- All interested participants and one parent/guardian must attend one mandatory Tryout Information Night.
May 5-7, 2015, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., in the DHS Dance Room
All athletes must be cleared by the Athletic Department prior to participating in the tryout clinics and tryouts. Please print and complete, in full, the Sports Physical Packet and return to the DHS Athletic Department (not the coach.) A clearance card will then be issued and must be given to the coach on the first day of clinic. Returning athletes are cleared for tryouts but will need to update their forms before the school year ends.
Note: Must bring Grade Report (all candidates must have a 2.0) and DHS Cheer Application.
- All clinics are mandatory for participants.
May 8, 2015, 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., in the DHS Dance Room and the DHS South Gym
- Participants should show up at least a 1/2 hour early to check in and warm up.
- Feel free to bring snacks, homework, reading, because there is a lot of dead time in between group tryouts.
- Please wear a white top, dark shorts and athletic shoes. Hair should be pulled up and away from your face.
Video tryouts will not be accepted.