We are so excited to start the 2014-2015 DHS Cheer Year! We have added new requirements for both squads. To be eligible for the JV squad, you must have standing back handspring with a light spot. For the Varsity squad, you must have a timer back handspring (no spot). If you do not currently have those skills, feel free to come to the first day to see what other skills you can work on to improve for future years in Cheerleading.
Tryout Information Night
Monday, April 7th: 6 p.m., DHS Library
Thursday, April 10th 6 p.m., DHS Library
- All interested participants and one parent/guardian must attend the mandatory Tryout Information Night.
April 15th: 6:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. (DHS Dance Room)
April 16th: 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. (DHS South Gym)
April 17th: 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (DHS Dance Room)
Note: Must bring page 6 & 7 from the DHS Sports Participation Form, Grade Report (all candidates must have a 2.0) and DHS Cheer Application.
- All clinics are mandatory for participants.
April 18th: 4:30 p.m. (DHS Dance Room)
- Participants should show up at least a 1/2 hour early to check in and warm up. We will be starting group tryouts at TBA
- Feel free to bring snacks, homework, reading, because there is a lot of dead time in between group tryouts.
- Please wear a white top, dark shorts and athletic shoes. Hair should be pulled up and away from your face.
Video tryouts will not be accepted.
Any questions? Contact Erin Warnock mailto: email@example.com